- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 1/2 cups diced white or Vidalia onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1.5 ounce) pouch Hunt's® Recipe Ready™ Tomato Paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped green onion (optional)
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt Add remaining ingredients except shredded cheese to skillet, stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is fully cooked and liquid has absorbed, about 20 minutes. Once rice is cooked, stir in cheese
- Remove from heat and spoon into bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onion if desired; serve.
Spicy Taco Rice Skillet, recipe