- cooking spray
- 2 beets, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons quince vinegar, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) bag spring salad mix
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut beets into spirals using a spiralizer.
- Place beet spirals in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper and toss to combine. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring halfway, until softened, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, quince vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl to make dressing.
- Divide spring salad mix between 2 plates. Top with cooled beet spirals. Scatter blue cheese, chopped walnuts, and chives over the beets. Drizzle dressing on top.
Spiralized Roasted Beet Salad with Quince Vinaigrette, recipe