- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 3 cups shredded or chopped cooked pork
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle hickory-flavored barbeque sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir garlic into the mixture; cook and stir another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Stir butternut squash, pork, diced tomatoes, baked beans, chicken stock, corn, peas, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, and barbeque sauce into the onion mixture in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours.
Sunday Brunswick Stew, recipe