- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned completely, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir tomato sauce, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and pepper into the beef; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook sauce at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick and rich, about 1 hour.
Tami's Red Sauce: Bolognese Tomato Sauce with Ground Beef, recipe