- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic; let tomato mixture rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange French bread slices on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Toast bread in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Top bread slices with tomato mixture using a slotted spoon, allowing excess liquid to drain. Return bread to baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tomato Bruschetta, recipe