- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the flour mixture. Mix in chocolate chips, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in preheated oven. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. When completely cooled, cut into squares.
Vanilla Brownies, recipe