- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 (5.6 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Combine leeks, margarine, garlic, 2 teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until leeks are soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add potatoes, coconut milk, almond milk, and flour and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost cooked, 10 to 15 minutes. Add more liquid if mixture starts to stick.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Spoon potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Garnish with remaining oregano and rosemary.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are fully cooked and the top is golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
vegan potato leek gratin, recipe