- 1 tablespoon Spectrum® Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 green chile pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch (1 cm) rounds, or to taste
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (340 gram) package Yves Veggie Cuisine® Original Veggie Ground Round
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas (matar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Pinch dried red chile peppers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Cucumber Raita (prepare ahead):
- 1/3 cup finely shredded or finely diced English cucumber (unpeeled)
- 3/4 cup The Greek Gods® Plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch paprika or chili powder
- Prepare Raita: Drain excess liquid from cucumber and blot with paper towel. In medium bowl, mix together yogurt, cucumber, mint, onion, if using, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day. To serve, garnish with additional chopped cucumber and paprika, if desired.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, ginger and green chile; cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Stir in tomatoes and ground round, breaking up with a spoon. Stir in coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in peas. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, garam masala and dried chile peppers, if desired. Before serving, stir in fresh coriander. Serve with basmati rice and Raita.
Vegetarian Keema Matar with Cucumber Raita, recipe