- 1 cup applesauce (such as Mott's® Natural Applesauce)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with buttermilk just until batter is moistened. Fold coconut and walnuts into batter; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Dust coffeecake with confectioners' sugar.
walnut-coconut-applesauce coffee cake, recipe