- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix (such as Uncle Ben's®)
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, or as needed
- 1 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring 2 1/4 cups water, rice mix plus seasoning pack, and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil in a covered saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir turkey, cream of chicken soup, celery, 1 cup water, water chestnuts, onion, and soy sauce into wild rice until well mixed. Transfer turkey mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter over crumbs in a bowl, stirring to coat crumbs with butter. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over turkey mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole, recipe