- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and place it into the oven while it preheats.
- Place the zucchini, milk, onion, eggs, and vegetable oil into a blender, and pulse 5 to 8 times, until thoroughly mixed and the zucchini and onion have been chopped into very small pieces.
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the zucchini mixture into the cornmeal mixture, stirring to combine, and gently mix in the Cheddar cheese.
- Carefully pour the batter into the hot greased skillet, smooth it out with a spoon, and bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Zucchini Cornbread, recipe