- 2 zucchini, cut into noodle-shape strands
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (such as Spike® seasoning)
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 sweet pepper chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 cup lightly torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook zucchini noodles (zoodles) in the boiling water until tender yet firm to the bite, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green bell pepper, onion, seasoned salt, and sea salt for 3 minutes. Add chicken sausage and cook until sausage is lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add spinach, basil, garlic paste, and seasoned salt to taste; cook until spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place zoodles on a serving plate and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt. Add sausage mixture and tomatoes and top with Parmesan cheese; season with salt and pepper.
Zucchini Noodles and Summer Vegetables with Sweet Pepper Chicken Sausage, recipe