- 8 pitted dates
- 2 cups moist almond pulp from making almond milk
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, ground
- 4 pinches ground cinnamon
- 4 dashes salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Soak dates in hot water until soft, 6 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Combine dates, almond pulp, oats, almond milk, almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla extract, cacao nibs, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a food processor. Process to the consistency of cookie dough, adding water if needed.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of cookie dough with your hands. Pinch sides with your fingers to form a square. Place on the prepared baking sheet and press down with your fingers or a fork to flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies.
Almond Delight Cookies with Dark Chocolate (Sugar-Free Almond Pulp Cookies), recipe