- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup cubed ham
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in eggs, drained potatoes, ham, salt and pepper. Cook until eggs are firm on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Top frittata with shredded cheese and place in preheated oven until cheese is melted and eggs are completely firm, about 10 minutes.
American Frittata, recipe