- 1 cup dry jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package shredded carrots
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup water as needed
- chili sauce (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and rice in oil for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning the garlic. Add broccoli and cauliflower florets and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Toss green onions, carrots, cabbage, and water chestnuts into the pan, and cook another 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add additional water as needed to keep vegetables moist. Drizzle with soy sauce, and toss to coat.
american lite fried rice, recipe