- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, apricot nectar, water, and orange peel in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. When the sauce is thick, stir in the butter and pecans. Place the sweet potato chunks into the prepared baking dish, and pour the sauce over to coat all the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
Apricot-Pecan Sweet Potatoes, recipe