- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 pound bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to the pot and toss with olive oil to coat.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook and stir until bacon begins to crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard 1/2 the bacon fat, leaving bacon in the skillet; stir in rosemary.
- Stir mushrooms, salt, and black pepper into bacon mixture. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until mushrooms and sprouts are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour reserved pasta water into bacon mixture; add linguine and Parmesan cheese and toss vegetables with pasta until thoroughly mixed and heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, and Mushroom Linguine, recipe