- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bread
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, or as needed
- Bring vegetable broth, hoisin, and sesame oil to a boil in a saucepan; add quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine black beans, eggs, bread, water, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; mash thoroughly. Add 1 1/2 cup cooled quinoa and mix well.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form each burger patty using about 1/2 cup of the burger mixture; transfer to the skillet. Cook until golden brown; about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel-lined dish.
Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers, recipe