- 48 fresh 3-inch asparagus tips
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 thin slices Black Forest ham, halved crosswise
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 24 10-inch fresh chives
- Combine asparagus tips, water, and kosher salt in a skillet; bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is tender to the bite but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain asparagus in a colander and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- Place a piece of ham on a work surface, curved side of ham towards the top. Put 1/2 teaspoon goat cheese in center of ham and top with 2 asparagus spears, tips pointing to curved side of ham. Fold left and right sides of ham over filling, and tie bundle together with a chive. Repeat with remaining asparagus, ham, goat cheese, and chives.
Black Forest Ham and Asparagus Bundles, recipe