- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- cooking spray
- Place the yeast, sugar, and water in the pan of a bread machine. Allow yeast to dissolve and foam, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, powdered milk, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Add the honey, vegetable oil, and butter to the yeast mixture, and pour the flour mixture on top.
- Select the Dough cycle; press start. Allow the bread machine to complete the cycle, about 1 1/2 hours, then transfer the dough to a 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Allow the bread to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
bread machine honey-oat-wheat bread, recipe