- 1 (1 pound) loaf round bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut a circle in the top of the bread. Remove top, and set aside. Hollow out the loaf, reserving removed bread for dipping.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ham, green onions, green chile peppers, and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into the bread bowl, and replace the top. Wrap loaf tightly in foil, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut reserved bread into small pieces. Toss with oil and melted butter, and place on the baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
bread pot fondue, recipe