- 1 (4 pound) whole duck, dressed, innards reserved
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 3 (.18 ounce) packets sazon seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub the crushed garlic and pepper under the skin of the duck. Rub the skin with 1 packet sazon seasoning.
- Roast 3 hours in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (80 degrees) C.
- Place the reserved duck innards and 1 packet sazon seasoning in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, until tender.
- Place the rice mix in a medium saucepan with just enough water to cover. Mix in the oil, and 1 packet sazon seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked innards, cooked rice, and croutons. Stuff the cooked duck with the mixture to serve.
Buckshot Duck with Wild and Brown Rice Stuffing, recipe