- 2 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until pale yellow. Whisk buttermilk, vanilla, butter, and nutmeg into eggs until butter is reduced to small pieces.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into egg mixture until just moistened.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-low heat. Drop batter by 1/2 cup portions onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Vanilla and Nutmeg, recipe