- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12 ounce) package dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn shrimp over and cook, about 1 to 1 1/2 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm, leaving the butter in the skillet.
- Place pasta in the boiling water; cook until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add flour to the butter in the skillet; cook for 30 seconds. Add milk, cream, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until well coated and opaque, about 5 minutes more.
- Spoon the shrimp and sauce on top of the cooked pasta.
cajun shrimp pasta with alfredo sauce, recipe