- 1/2 (12 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook pasta at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 8 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; saute until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp to a covered dish; keep warm.
- Add asparagus and water to the hot skillet; cover and steam until the asparagus is tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes; steam until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover and reduce heat to medium. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add shrimp, Parmesan cheese, and half-and-half, stirring gently to combine. Cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season with pepper to serve.
shrimp-asparagus alfredo pasta, recipe