- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 leaves chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place pie crust on a pie pan or baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Spread mozzarella cheese and tomatoes over the bottom of the pie crust. Whisk eggs, lemon juice, basil, salt, black pepper, and caramelized onion in a large bowl; pour mixture over cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and crust is flaky, 30 to 40 minutes.
Caprese Quiche, recipe