- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- Mix sugar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Combine oil, eggs, carrots, and zucchini in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Beat in honey. Stir in sugar mixture gradually; beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack; allow to cool completely, about 25 minutes.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, pineapple, cream cheese, walnuts, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat until frosting is smooth. Spread over cooled cakes and stack.
carrot-zucchini cake, recipe