- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, heated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the baking mix, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Gradually mix in the milk until moistened. Knead a few times on a floured board. Roll dough out to a 12 inch circle, and press into the greased pie pan. Fold edges, and flute.
- Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until bacon is evenly brown. Drain, and crumble bacon. Sprinkle bacon, onion, and Cheddar cheese into the pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with 1 teaspoon salt and hot pepper sauce, then slowly stir in hot evaporated milk. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking 25 minutes, or until center is almost set. Do not over bake - the quiche will set as it cools.
cheddar quiche, recipe