- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch tube pan. Place cherries in a bowl and toss gently with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and milk until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in the cherries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate or wire rack.
cherry coffee cake, recipe