- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into match-stick size pieces
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups white rice
- 1 tablespoon butter, or to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place onions, green bell peppers, and carrots in the pressure cooker; add chicken. Whisk 1 cup orange juice, whiskey, brown sugar, vinegar, red pepper flakes, ginger, and sesame oil together in a bowl; pour over chicken mixture. Stir to combine. Place lid on pressure cooker and lock; bring to full pressure over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 minutes. Let pressure come down naturally, about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine water and rice in a microwave-safe casserole dish. Cook on high in microwave until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir butter into rice; toss well.
- Whisk 1/2 cup orange juice and cornstarch together in a bowl; stir into hot chicken mixture until whiskey sauce is thickened. Serve chicken over the hot buttered rice.
Chicken Delirious and Buttered Rice (for Pressure Cooker), recipe