- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup cold nonfat milk
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: Mix together 1 cup flour, baking powder, sage, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in plastic, and allow to rest in refrigerator.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions and garlic together over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, and mixed vegetables. Simmer partially covered for 12 minutes. Potatoes should be slightly undercooked.
- In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and flour. Mix until smooth. Add mixture to vegetables along with chicken, parsley, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Roll out dough to fit top of casserole dish. Lay dough over filling and prick with a fork several times.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Chicken Pot Pie V, recipe