- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Make the filling. Beat 1 egg white in a small bowl until peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in coconut, 1 tablespoon flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups flour , 1 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, salt and soda. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla, water, shortening, sour cream egg yolks and 3 egg whites. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan. Drop the filling by teaspoons around the top of the batter, avoiding the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes , then turn out onto a wire rack to continue cooling. Top with Chocolate Glaze.
chocolate macaroon bundt cake, recipe