- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Cut in margarine. Make a well in center. Add sour cream, 2 tablespoons milk, and raisins, stirring till just combined (add a bit more milk, if needed).
- On floured surface, gently knead 8-10 stokes. Pat dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter, dipping in flour between cuts. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly on wire racks.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and 2 teaspoons milk. Drizzle over biscuits. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
cinnamon sour cream biscuits, recipe