- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Spread the rice into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir flour in melted butter until frothy, 2 to 3 minutes; add half-and-half, chicken broth, rosemary, and salt to the saucepan. Stirring continually, cook the broth mixture until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir cooked chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper, and pimentos into the sauce; cook until the chicken is hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the chicken mixture over the rice; stir lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through and the rice is very tender, about 30 minutes.
club chicken casserole, recipe