- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 yams, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- kosher salt to taste (optional)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach, or more to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add yams; stir to coat with oil. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add carrot; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in leek and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cumin and coriander; stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour lemon juice, vegetable broth, and coconut milk into the pot; stir to combine. Bring soup to a gentle boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with fresh spinach.
Coconut, Yam, and Leek Soup, recipe