- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head white cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 (32 ounce) carton low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, or as desired (optional)
- Melt coconut oil with olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Cook and stir leeks and garlic in hot oil mixture until leeks are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cauliflower, carrots, and potato into leek mixture; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth into the pot, bring to a simmer, and cover the pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer broth until vegetables are completely tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Pour broth mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Return puree to pot and place over low heat. Stir coconut milk, black pepper, nutmeg, and allspice into the puree. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Kat's Cauliflower Leek Soup, recipe