- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package vermicelli pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can plain artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, grated onion, seasoned salt, and basil together in a bowl to make dressing. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- Combine water and chicken bouillon cubes in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until bouillon cubes are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add chicken breasts and onion; simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board using a slotted spoon. Reserve broth in the saucepan. Cool chicken until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- Pour several cups of water into the reserved broth in the saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in vermicelli and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Mix dressing, chicken, and vermicelli together in a bowl. Add artichoke hearts and toss to combine. Refrigerate until flavors combine, 2 to 6 hours. Mix in tomatoes before serving.
Cold Chicken Pasta Salad, recipe