- 8 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain (reserving 1 tablespoon of grease) crumble bacon and set aside. Heat reserved bacon grease in skillet and saute onion until soft.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Add bacon, onion, mozzarella and cheddar cheese; mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until lightly brown on top and firm in the middle. Serve warm.
Country Quiche, recipe