- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo, and cook 11 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and place in the refrigerator about 1 hour, until chilled.
- In a large bowl, toss together orzo, crabmeat, tomatoes, carrot, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Pour over the orzo mixture, and toss to coat.
Crab and Orzo Salad, recipe