- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup seafood stock, or more as needed
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat
- Spray a stockpot with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in the prepared stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir celery, onion, paprika, seafood seasoning, thyme, salt, and white pepper until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk flour into vegetable mixture until smooth and dissolved. Pour seafood stock over vegetable mixture.
- Mix half-and-half, cream, and milk into broth mixture; decrease heat and simmer until bisque is thickened, about 15 minutes. Add crabmeat and simmer bisque until crabmeat is heated through, about 5 minutes more.
crabmeat bisque made easy, recipe