- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Combine boiling water and cracked wheat in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Stir chickpeas, olive oil, red bell pepper, feta cheese, red wine vinegar, olives, carrot, mint, white vinegar, and garlic into the soaked cracked wheat. Chill completely before serving, about 1 hour.
cracked wheat and mint salad, recipe