- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the chicken breasts in boiling water until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a cutting board to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Stir tomatoes, green onion, green chiles, cilantro, and lime juice into the cream cheese mixture. Add 1 cup Cheddar cheese and fold to integrate.
- Shred cooled chicken with a pair of forks into strands; stir into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla and fold tortilla around the filling; arrange into the prepared baking dish. Top tortillas with remaining Cheddar cheese and green enchilada sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas, recipe