- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer (such as MimicCreme®)
- Heat the olive oil and margarine together in a large pot; cook and stir the onion in the hot oil and margarine until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the zucchini and season with the oregano, salt, and pepper; continue cooking and stirring until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the water into the pot, and stir in the bouillon powder. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer another 10 minutes. Add the Gorgonzola cheese and allow it to melt into the soup.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Secure the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup in the cooking pot. Stir the creamer through the soup before serving hot.
Cream of Zucchini Soup, recipe