- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste (such as Hunt's®)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®), or to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic and dried onion until the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes; place the chicken breast halves into the hot skillet, and cook until the meat is no longer pink, the juices run clear, and the chicken is browned, about 8 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chicken breast should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Whisk the tomato paste with the cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and stir in the thyme, marjoram, oregano, and chile-garlic sauce. Season to taste with salt. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, and stir the sauce in the skillet to dissolve the butter, juices, and browned flavor bits into the sauce. Serve chicken in sauce, sprinkled with mozzarella cheese.
Creamy Tomato Chicken, recipe