- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Toss cauliflower florets with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl; spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower in preheated oven until browned, about 25 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Saute onions in hot butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into the onion and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more; season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, and ground turmeric. Cook the seasoned onion mixture, stirring continually, for 5 minutes more.
- Stir roasted cauliflower with the onion mixture. Pour stock over the cauliflower mixture. Place a cover on the saucepan and bring the stock to a boil. Immediately remove the cover, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until the liquid reduces slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Puree mixture in the saucepan with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Stir cream into the soup; season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Curried Cream of Cauliflower Soup, recipe