- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1/2 onion, sliced, or to taste
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, or more to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 dashes hot sauce (such as Tapatio®), or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, red bell pepper, and garlic until tender and softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add cauliflower to vegetable mixture and pour in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook soup until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup using a hand blender until smooth.
- Place pot over low heat and add curry powder, butter, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to soup; simmer until flavors have blended, about 15 minutes more.
Easy Curried Cauliflower Soup, recipe