- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until fragrant, 1 minute. Add cauliflower and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly tender, 10 minutes. Add chicken stock, ginger, and salt; season with black pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth. Return to pot and warm over low heat. Serve immediately.
Easy Cauliflower Soup with Fresh Ginger, recipe