- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning (such as Spike®)
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bay leaf; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, curry powder, turmeric, and coriander; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir potatoes, chicken broth, water, canned tomatoes, and seasoning into the pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are mostly cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add spinach; stir well to combine. Mash some of potatoes to thicken soup. Continue cooking until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes more.
Curried Potato and Spinach Soup, recipe