- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pitted black olive, cut in half
- 1 cup ketchup
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic, onion, and celery in the hot butter until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 10 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a mixing bowl, and allow to cool to just warm.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a sheet of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack the eggs into the mixing bowl with the vegetables, and mix until the egg is smooth. Add the ground beef, Cajun seasoning, and bread crumbs. Mix with your hands until the mixture is evenly blended. Form the meat mixture into the shape of a stick man.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Once done, place the olive halves onto the head for eyes, and pour the ketchup onto the abdomen. Return to oven, and bake 10 more minutes. Serve with a plastic knife impaled in the abdomen for effect.
Dead Man Meatloaf, recipe