- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless pork chops
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and black pepper, and brown them on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set chops aside.
- Mix the water, rice, tomato sauce, picante sauce, and taco seasoning in the prepared baking dish. Lay the chops into the rice mixture, and top with the green bell pepper slices. Cover the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chops are no longer pink inside and the rice is tender, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Uncover the dish, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven, and bake uncovered until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 5 to 10 more minutes.
Easy and Delicious Mexican Pork Chops, recipe